Thursday, April 28, 2011

Handbag Whore

this is what crazy frantic looks like in my head...
Airbus delays cause a lot of distress to some people. I'm saying airbus now because I'm tired of talking about airplanes and airports.

They get frantic…cut in front of lines that other people have stood in for an hour or more to rebook and try to find the best possible solution to get wherever they think is so damned important. Their hair stands on end and they lose their minds…it’s cute actually.  I don't really get rattled with stuff like this..I just go with the flow.  I personally would like to send a shout out to the makers of Zoloft for this...  If you are not already on it....get some...seriously...this shit makes you nicer.

We were stuck in Minneapolis for the night....no luggage...just the shit we had on our backs.  We were hobo's and we looked like bums.  The coins Rowdy was hauling around were no help what so ever I might add.  I hadn't planned for this or I would have packed 3 small ounces of hairspray in my purse...because...well...this doesn't happen to me.

Therapeutic outlets like shopping I find work effectively along side prescription medication in situations like this…yesterday it was the Mall of America. What better place to be in need of a fix?


I’m not ashamed that I searched out a Coach store to fulfill my internal needs….I needed comfort and not the kind that the TSA officials were giving me *smirk* although I did enjoy that a little and not the kind of condescending comfort the Delta officials freely pass out. I NEEDED a bag.  

I explained to Trudy, Rowdy and Oma that we were not there to shop..I'm sneaky like this…but to experience the aura *i said aura in a mystical voice in case you didn't hear it in the typing* of such a fantastic place…better than Disney if you ask me.  As these words were flowing from my lips..I was scanning the mall map. I didn’t want to waste time looking at the things they all like…pfffttt.. We only had a short time before we needed to catch a shuttle to the airport and I didn’t want to pretend to be interested in the overpriced shit they have in Abercrombie & Fitch or pretend that I think Lego’s are cool.  I needed to get the damn bag and get out. and pretend like this trip was for all of us

I pretended to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere like I had told them to do....although it was really hard not to sprint to the Coach store...I needed a fix..and I needed it quick.  We just so happened to "run" into the store I was looking for and I acted very surprised.  I am good at this.  Not one of those pretty, smiley, nice salesladies in the store even commented on my greasy unwashed hair…the wrinkly clothes that I had wore all day the day before..slept in that night.. and was wearing again... hell at that point I figured I may as well wear them all week. 

I'm sort of feeling bad now though looking back....rather than shoving the lady trying to cut in the re-booking line...and telling her to get to the back of the effin line....I should have just told her politely to go to the mall...maybe the meds weren't working as well as they normally do.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the photo of the purse, R-r-r-r-osa? Don't tease about Coach.

    www.alotoflayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete