Saturday, March 26, 2011

I have important things to say...damnit!

So...this is me...the girl that wants it on the side...I like it...but I like it the way I like it...so I want it on the side...

After much consideration I've decided I have some pretty important things to say.  Well at least I think so.  Some people might disagree, if you do please keep it to yourself.  This would be my kids mostly and apparently my significant other I call the dirt pusher...that is what he does...he pushes dirt.  I don't get it but apparently it is a very important job.  This morning waiting for volleyball games to start (the dirt pushers daughter's along with my own play this sport I believe to torment me with Saturday's full of nothing but sitting on bleachers and socializing) I happened to mention that I thought I would start a blog because I think I have important things to say and not only the dirt pusher but my step mom (I will call her Stella) and my OWN mother...they all raised their eyebrows and gave me a weird look.  I asked the dirt pusher if he would be following this blog.  He replied "well no, probably not, you know I never get on the computer".   Apparently dirt pushers don't care for high tech electronic devices as he is still using a cell phone that was manufactured in 1982.  Which is very unlike me because I have the crackberry in hand before my feet hit the floor.  It is actually a relief to me that the dirt pusher will not be following because that in itself opens many doors for me.  He is one of those people that is oblivious to the fact that he is hilarious.  Some things about myself...I will let the alphabet do the talking....

A.  annoying...yes i admit it...I'm annoying with the OCD...I come from a long line of clean freaks...so give me a break..i actually think the condition should be renamed CDO..because it makes more sense to have the letters in order...
B.  best day...Friday ....I'm in love with Friday...I love you Friday!
C.  careful...I make decisions with a lot of thought and am very practical, I blame this on my parents recklessness
D.  divorced once...best 220 lbs I ever lost...
E.  espresso...would be willing to be a study patient for a steady stream of the 'stuff'
F.  feet...well they are a small size of 5..but I wear a 7..I think it makes me look less freaky
G.  go to person...my Mom..one said individual who apparently thinks I don't have anything important to say
H.  happy place...Starbucks or really anywhere that serves a good Latte with interesting people to watch and study but not to have to necessarily talk to unless I feel like it
I.  introvert...will choose to stay home and read a book rather than attend a function that requires talking to other humans
J. jumping jacks...yeah I don't do them
K.  kicks...I take pride in what I think are very good high kicks...I think my destiny was to be a Rockette...but I fell into this Project Management gig and it pays the bills....
L.  legerity...the word of the day from Merriam-Websters...I subscribe to the word of the day...somehow I think this makes me smarter
M. microwave...this is the means I use to feed my offspring...I have proven that you can raise healthy kids without EVER using the oven...don't judge me...most people think it is because I don't have the ability to cook.  This is not correct, I am actually pretty decent, although I would appreciate that not getting around.  This is simply a life style choice...I have many reasons for making that choice..mostly out of laziness...
N.  Navy..yes it is shocking...but the US Military actually took me..although they were not very considerate of my long beauty routine every morning..picture Private Benjamin if you can...
O.  obsessive...can pretty much obsess over just about anything and can't relax until I fix whatever it is I'm obsessing about....this is why I don't have floor rugs in my house that have those cute little fringes...I can spend hours straightening them...See A..for annoying...
P.  Pet Peeve...it would be impossible to list just one...and I know you people have things to do...
Q.  do we even need the letter Q?  I really think we could get away with just using a K and have one less letter to worry about..Q is always paired with U..and I could easily see this as a simple KW...it could also be very helpful to some people with that spell based on simple phonics...
R.  Running...yeah I don't do it...well I did once...I ran across the street once...it left me breathless and I think I may have started to perspire...
S.  Shimokawara Karate..I did manage to get a high yellow belt in karate..but after much argument with the sensai about why sparring is NOT kind...decided it wasn't for me...
T.  Theater...I am pretty sure I should be on Broadway...my kids love the dance/singing productions I put on while microwaving their dinner...raw talent...that's all I will say..
U.  underwear...yes I wear them and yes sometimes they are on inside out...depends on how long I managed to play 'Lets make a Deal' with the alarm clock..as if I could actually win and somehow turn back time.
V. Vitamin D...I really need more of this..
W.  water..I really don't like getting wet.....you will probably not catch me at the pool and if I'm at the ocean...I'm just showing off a new bathing suit...but that is highly unlikely too.... 
X.  xanax...yes please
Y.  yellow...yeah not a big fan of it..unless it is sunshine
Z.  zzzz's...I love to sleep

1 comment:

  1. :) Z is my favorite letter of the alphabet. I have a huge love affair with sleep. I love you deciding to write a blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete